Due to a sick cat, we’ve been under house arrest for the past week. One good thing to come from that is more meals made at home. We couldn’t go out for an ice cream cone or milkshake so we made this frozen yogurt in 45 seconds. You can eat it right away (it will be very soft), or freeze it in a container for later snacking like we did.
This is simple, fast, healthy, and really hits the spot. You can also replace the frozen strawberries with any other fruit or put this frozen yogurt on top of cookies or drizzle with chocolate.
strawberry frozen yogurt
By August 15, 2015Published:
- Yield: 6 Servings
- Prep: 5 mins
Adapted from Jamie Oliver
- 250 g strawberries frozen
- 125 ml non-fat greek yogurt ½ cup, 4 oz
- ½ tablespoon honey
- splash lillet rose or other liqueur, optional
- Add the frozen strawberries to a food processor, along with the yogurt, honey and alcohol, if using.
- Whiz for a few seconds, or until smooth, then scoop immediately with a hot dessert spoon and pop into serving bowls.
- If not eating immediately, frozen yogurt can be stored in the freezer like normal ice cream.
- Cuisine: European