This month’s decision to choose a recipe from Lavender and Lovage for Secret Recipe Club was an easy one. When I saw Karen’s Chinese Garlic, Ginger & Honey Chicken, my mind was made. It’s incredibly fast and healthy. We served this atop of some noodles and napa cabbage we picked up at a local market and it was quite satisfying. We also doubled the recipe because it keeps well for lunch leftover. If I were to make it again I would up the spice and maybe add some nuts.
Karen was born in South Africa brought up in rural England. She was greatly influenced by her grandmother and mother and is currently writing a cookbook based on her British cuisine research. Head on over to Lavender and Lovage to browse her extensive recipe collection or check out the other SRC posts from this month below.
Garlic, Ginger & Honey Chicken Recipe
By January 26, 2015Published:
- Yield: 2 Servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 15 mins
- Ready In: 30 mins
Adapted from Lavender and Lovage.
- ½ pound chicken breast chopped
- 8 teaspoons sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4-6 cloves garlic minced
- 2 inches ginger root peeled and grated
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 medium spring onions trimmed and cut into slanted slices
- noodles or rice optional
- Combine the honey, sweet chilli sauce, water, grated ginger & crushed garlic.
- Pour the sauce and chicken in a pan over medium heat, stirring the chicken to coat evenly. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook about 10 minutes until done.
- Garnish with the sliced spring onions and serve with noodles, rice, or vegetables.
- Cuisine: Chinese