This past Valentine’s Day we decided to stay in and have a decadent meal of Roasted Lamb. We wanted something easy after a more complicated meal but still wanted a treat to end the night.
This no-bake cookies and creme cheesescake really hit the spot. I originally had thought it would taste better with a cookie crust, but the graham crackers kept the cheesecake from getting too sweet.
We used the forks from our wedding and I was finally able to try my hand at a true cheesecake because my aunt gifted me a great springform pan for Christmas. I made the mistake of drizzling the chocolate topping on before popping the the cake out of the pan so it stuck a bit, but still tasted great.
Topped with chocolate covered espresso beans and served chilled, this cheesecake is light and creamy but rich enough to celebrate a special occasion.
Cookies & Creme No-Bake Cheesecake Recipe
By March 25, 2015Published:
- Yield: 9-inch cheesecake (12 Servings)
Adapted from Bakers Royale
- 1½ cups graham cracker crumbs FOR THE CRUST
- ¼ cup light brown sugar packed
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2¼ cups heavy cream FOR THE CHEESECAKE
- 16 ounces cream cheese softened
- ⅔ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup chocolate sandwich cookies crushed
- chocolate covered espresso beans optional
- melted chocolate optional
- Combine graham cracker crumbs with sugar.
- Add melted butter and blend until combined. Press into pan. Set aside.
- Beat heavy cream until medium peaks form. Set aside.
- Add cream cheese, sugar, salt, vanilla powder, lemon juice to a bowl and beat until smooth.
- Add cream cheese mixture to heavy cream and beat until incorporated.
- Gently fold in crushed cookies.
- Fill chosen pan with a slight mound at the center, as the cheesecake will become slightly sunken at the center.
- Refrigerate for at least 6 hours to set or overnight for best results. Keep refrigerated up until 20 minutes before serving.
- Remove from refrigerator and smooth top to level with edges. Drizzle melted chocolate and garnish with chocolate covered espresso beans.
- Cuisine: American