For this month’s Secret Recipe Club I had the honor of being paired up with the owner, Sarah of Fantastical Sharing of Recipes. Sadly, it won’t be a surprise that I had her blog since she sends out the assignments, but hopefully I can surprise her with what recipe I chose from her massive list.
I combed through her recipe index, pausing on Almost White Castle Burgers, Fauxtisserie Chicken, Dulce de leche Cheesecake Bars. My husband helped me decide on Slow Cooker BBQ Ribs since we had been craving some ribs and he’s always a sucker for barbecue sauce.
We recently purchased a slow cooker, so have been looking for new ways to use it. Unfortunately, we have the smallest Crock-Pot in existence so we have to be careful when reading recipes. We made ⅓ of the recipe and it fit perfectly into a 3 quart pot. It was hard to find only 2 pounds of ribs but our local grocery store luckily had smaller portions pre-packaged.
These ribs turned out finger-licking-good (literally). The meat fell right off the bone and the charred bits from the broiler were my favorite part. Served with chips or smashed potatoes, I was transported to a outdoor summer picnic (while still sitting in my air-conditioned dining room.
[inlinkz_linkup id=522631 mode=1]
Slow Cooker BBQ Ribs Recipe
By June 22, 2015Published:
- Yield: 2 pounds (2 Servings)
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 6 hrs 0 min
- Ready In: 6 hrs 35 mins
From Fantastical Sharing
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar or to taste
- 2 teaspoons cayenne
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 pounds baby back ribs
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- Mix together spices and rub on ribs. You can make it as spicy or sweet as you like, the main flavor will be the bbq sauce.
- Place the ribs in your slow cooker so that the meat side is touching the sides of the bowl. Pour bbq sauce on top and cover. Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Prepare your broiler pan with aluminum foil and cooking spray. Remove ribs and place meat side down.
- Pour some of the liquid from the slow cooker into a small saucepan. Simmer for about 15 minutes or until thickened. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Brush ribs with sauce and broil for 2 to 4 minutes.
- Flip the ribs and brush with more sauce. Broil that side for about 10 minutes, coating with more sauce about 3 more times.
- Remove from oven. Tent with foil and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Cuisine: American