My second pair-up with The Secret Recipe Club is Traci from Burnt Apple. There were a few different recipes I was interested in, particularly the German Chocolate Cake Cookies or Bobby Flay’s German Chocolate Cake, but somehow I steered myself away from the sweets and landed on Grilled BBQ Chicken Pizza.
This recipe is incredibly easy and adaptable. It is a great snack to whip up for the game(s) that are starting up this fall!
But, like Traci says, choose a barbeque sauce that you like because it is a major player on the palette. I had a pulled pork and bbq pizza yesterday at a local restaurant and the sauce killed the otherwise crunchy crust and gooey cheese.
[inlinkz_linkup id=310311 mode=1 pageSize=300]
Grilled Barbeque Chicken Pizza Recipe
By September 30, 2013Published:
- Yield: 1 pizza (4-6 Servings)
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 20 mins
- Ready In: 30 mins
This recipe is adapted from Burnt Apple and was discovered through a #SecretRecipeClub assignment.
- 1 ball pizza dough
- ½ cup barbeque sauce Trader Joe's Kansas City
- 2 cups chicken cooked and shredded
- 2 cups cheese choose your favorites!
- ¼ cup red onion diced
- ¼ cup bacon cooked and chopped
- homegrown basil optional
- Turn the grill to medium high heat. Prepare all of the toppings for the pizza and set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the pizza dough to about ¼" thickness.
- Move the dough onto a lightly floured pizza pan or grill pan. Pour the barbeque sauce onto the pizza and spread evenly. Top with the chicken, cheese, onion and bacon.
- Cook on high heat until crust is crispy (we like really well done!) Top with some shredded basil or parsley for garnish.
- Cuisine: American