My second pair-up with The Secret Recipe Club is Traci from Burnt Apple. There were a few different recipes I was interested in, particularly the German Chocolate Cake Cookies or Bobby Flay’s German Chocolate Cake, but somehow I steered myself away from the sweets and landed on Grilled BBQ Chicken Pizza.
This recipe is incredibly easy and adaptable. It is a great snack to whip up for the game(s) that are starting up this fall!
But, like Traci says, choose a barbeque sauce that you like because it is a major player on the palette. I had a pulled pork and bbq pizza yesterday at a local restaurant and the sauce killed the otherwise crunchy crust and gooey cheese.
[inlinkz_linkup id=310311 mode=1 pageSize=300]
Grilled Barbeque Chicken Pizza Recipe
By September 30, 2013Published:
- Yield: 1 pizza (4-6 Servings)
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 20 mins
- Ready In: 30 mins
This recipe is adapted from Burnt Apple and was discovered through a #SecretRecipeClub assignment.
- 1 ball pizza dough
- ½ cup barbeque sauce Trader Joe's Kansas City
- 2 cups chicken cooked and shredded
- 2 cups cheese choose your favorites!
- ¼ cup red onion diced
- ¼ cup bacon cooked and chopped
- homegrown basil optional
- Turn the grill to medium high heat. Prepare all of the toppings for the pizza and set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the pizza dough to about ¼" thickness.
- Move the dough onto a lightly floured pizza pan or grill pan. Pour the barbeque sauce onto the pizza and spread evenly. Top with the chicken, cheese, onion and bacon.
- Cook on high heat until crust is crispy (we like really well done!) Top with some shredded basil or parsley for garnish.
- Cuisine: American
So glad that you liked the barbeque pizza! Great SRC Pick. Your picture turned out so beautiful. Have a great month!
Yum! That Pizza looks delicious!
I had your blog for this month’s SRC and I made a version of your Zucchini loaf into muffins and man, were they tasty! I was really sad when they were all gone! 🙂
turnips 2 tangerines says
Great SRC choice. My hubby has been bugging me to make a BBQ Chicken pizza, maybe I’ll surprise him with this recipe during the next football game~ Lynn @ Turnips 2 Tangerines
Fantastical Sharing (@FantasticalSR) says
Barbecue chicken is always a great pick! I’ve had bbq chicken pizza before and it’s amazing. Happy reveal day 🙂
Dorothy at Shockingly Delicious says
My favorite flavor of pizza! Great SRC choice!
Very nice pick for your assignment!
I agree, a good barbecue sauce will make this dish, a bad one will definitely ruin it!
Hope you are having fun this Reveal Day!
Looks delicious! Love trying new toppings for pizza. Great pick!
Asiya @ Chocolate and Chillies says
Agree…the BBQ sauce and kill or make the pizza….great you found one that works! Pizza looks very tasty! Great SRC pick!
What a delicious sounding pizza! Great pick this month 🙂
Bobbi Renee Hass-Burleson says
Love love love grilled pizza! Your looks amazing. Great SRC pick!!
My daughters both love BBQ chicken pizza. I make my own homemade sauce. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your pics!!!!
Nicole Ramage says
This looks yummy!