I was snowed in this weekend (still snowed in actually!), and didn’t have a chance to eat the bananas I had picked up for on-the-go breakfasts. They were looking awfully brown, so I decided to make banana muffins! This was a great recipe because it used up the last of my cream cheese, butter, and of course, bananas.
A quick search through my Google Reader yielded many results, but I don’t have a loaf pan and I didn’t have any whole or buttermilk on hand. I also didn’t have any nuts, so I subbed the cup of nuts in the recipe below with an extra banana.
Banana & Cream Cheese Muffins Recipe
By February 9, 2010Published:
- Yield: 12-15 muffins
Adapted from The Sweetest Kitchen
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons unsalted butter softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup bananas mashed, ripe
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add egg, beating well. Beat in bananas and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture.
- Transfer to a muffin tin with liners. Bake at 350℉ for 22 minutes for regular muffins, or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
Very cute. I just bought Hello Kitty frying pan for egg for my daughter but it does not work sooo great…