Back in April last year, I checked a big item off my to-do list and finally made my own caramels. I took these caramels one step further and chopped them into chip-sized pieces and added them to a new chocolate chip cookie recipe.
I am always a fan of salty and sweet combined, and the mixture of the small chips and chunks of high quality chocolate mixed with the gooey-ness of my handmade caramels made these the perfect snack. The hidden nuts in the mix add another layer of dimension that most people won’t be able to put their finger on.
Chocolate Caramel Chip Cookies Recipe
By November 18, 2015Published:
- Yield: 20 cookies
From The Great Book of Chocolate
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar firmly packed
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter cold, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1¼ cups all purpose flour 175 grams
- ½ teaspoon flaky sea salt or ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips 200 grams
- 1 cup pecans 130 grams, toasted & chopped
- ¼ cup caramels chopped, optional
- Adjust the oven rack to the top third of the oven and preheat to 300°F. Line three baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Beat the sugars and butters together until smooth. Mix in the egg, vanilla, and baking soda.
- Stir together the flour and salt, then mix them into the batter. Mix in the chocolate chips, caramels, and nuts.
- Scoop the cookie dough into 2-tablespoon balls and place 8 balls, spaced 4 inches apart, on each of the baking sheets.
- Bake for 18 minutes, or until pale golden brown. Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack.
- Store at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- Cuisine: Cookies
Leave a Reply