Waffles are one of my favorite things to eat. I always order them over pancakes or French Toast when I’m at breakfast or brunch. The reason is that I can’t make them at home. I don’t have a waffle iron, let alone a waffle recipe or mix.
That’s why I was excited for this month’s Secret Recipe Club pair-up with Rebekah from Making Miracles. Rebekah had not one, but two recipes for waffles! I chose to go with her “Classic Waffles” because Not only does this recipe whip up in a jiffy, but it is a tried and true “Family Favorite” from Rebekah’s family.
This recipe also gave me an excuse to use my parents’ “Circus Waffle Iron” to make some mini-waffles. Because of that, I halved the recipe and still was able to get around 12 mini waffles from it.
Check out Making Miracles for more about Rebekah’s family, food, and memories and the Secret Recipe Linkup below to so who else participated in this month’s reveal.
[inlinkz_linkup id=410926 mode=1]
By July 28, 2014Published:
- Yield: 12 Mini Waffles, 3 Large Waffles (3 Servings)
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 5 mins
- Ready In: 15 mins
This recipe is adapted from Making Miracles.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 large egg
- ¾ cup milk warmed
- 2½ tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract optional, I used black walnut extract here
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, salt, baking powder and sugar; set aside. Preheat waffle iron to desired temperature.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs. Stir in the milk, butter and vanilla. Pour the milk mixture into the flour mixture; beat until blended.
- Ladle the batter into a preheated waffle iron. Cook the waffles until golden and crisp. Serve immediately.
- Cuisine: American