SO I’m eating my bento now (‘school’ let out early) and I’ve come upon a few things…
- i should always pre-heat my bento by putting hot water in it for 1-2 minutes (like the instructions say to)
- never put whole bento in fridge overnight, but rather, individual containers
- never put rice in fridge
- never put dried fruit in fridge (condensation = ewwww)
- strawberry jam is always better than grape jelly
the pancake sammies were good (would have tasted better with strawberry jam rather than grape jelly), and i haven’t dipped into the yogurts yet. the omelette i made, though cold and firm, TASTES really good! I’m so proud of myself! (now to recreate it). (though, I’m torn b/c they were a bit soggy.)
I’m torn over bento for tomorrow. pork in that sauce, but i want to make those cranberry almond pancakes!
i’m also mad at my brother cause he didnt go to school today (hence no usage of the bento!) oh well, if he goes to school tomorrow, he’ll use the same one ^_^ NO NEW BENTOs! Especially since i gave him food at the expense of my sparse sparse bento.
- conclusion: the best thing is to make bento in the morning BUT what am i to do?