Each year during the holiday season, I prefer to give comestibles. These edible gifts have the bonus of not only not arriving with a price tag, but it’s a reflection of time and effort instead of just checking someone off of a gift list.
Hot chocolate and s’mores are some of my favorite things to consume. Nothing like sitting by a fire (or a video of a fireplace) and sipping cocoa or chomping on a burnt marshmallow. This recipe is incredibly easy and customize-able. I like to use higher-quality, locally made marshmallows, but you can also drink with mini-marshmallows. I filled each jar with 5 servings (180g) and the larger with 8 servings. Some have peppermint marshmallows from Bread Furst and some have vanilla marshmallows from Fleurir.
Here are some different packaging styles I’m gifting:
Easy & Decadent Hot Cocoa Mix Recipe
By December 12, 2014Published:
- Yield: 1¾ cup mix (9 Servings)
- Prep: 10 mins
- ½ cup sugar 100g
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch 8g
- 3 ounces dark chocolate 85g, roughly chopped
- ½ cup cocoa 40g, any kind you like
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender and pulse until powdery.
- Mixture keeps in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 months.
- The easiest way I've found to make this: Heat up 1 cup of milk in a milk frother, add 3 tablespoons mix, re-heat in frother. You could also heat the milk in a mug, add the mix, and mix with hand-held frother.